COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach Grants
The Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities is excited to announce a new funding opportunity beginning October 15th, 2021!
What is the purpose of this funding initiative?
What are the COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach grants?
Outreach can include:
- developing materials on the vaccine and your vaccination event
- sharing resources about getting the vaccine
- going to community events or door-to-door in your neighborhood to talk about getting the vaccine and promoting your vaccination events
- helping people sign up for a vaccine appointment
- driving people to vaccination appointments
- organizing a pop-up/community vaccination site
What are you committing to?
- Hold at least one outreach effort, which may include providing vaccinations for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their family members. Applications with events where vaccinations are provided will be given priority.
- Provide OCDD with demographic information on all participants (you do not need to share names).
- Share your outreach strategies with OCDD.
- Submit monthly requests for reimbursements.
- Submit pictures and signed photo releases from participants who are comfortable sharing this info. This may be used on social media and other BPDD platforms.
- Projects can run between October 15, 2021 to December 31, 2022. They do not have to run for the whole 6 months (for instance, a grant can be focused on summer events).
Who can apply?
- Individuals, grassroots organizations, nonprofits who work with people with I/DD and their family members.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a connection to traditionally under-served groups of people and, ideally, have connections to people from diverse backgrounds.
How much funding can you request?
Individual grants range from $5,000 – $10,000.
What can the funds be used for?
How do you apply?
Submit a description of what you plan to do and budget for how you will spend the funds by December 21, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or need help to apply, contact:
Ryley Newport at Ryley.email@example.com or (971) 204-8824.